Friday, May 22, 2009

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month,May 2009

"Airman" Magazine dated May 2009 issue with Chinese characters of "Zi Hao" which means Self Pride. Such words can be understood by educated Japanese re Kanji and educated Koreans re Hanga. This is the cultural affinity of Asians in America and elsewhere.

My personal name is "Shi Hao" i.e. Poetical Pride. My parents expected me to be a poet but I turned out to be an economist with Chinese language expertise. Search francis shieh at www.Google.com for my blogs apropos of Sino-American Economics of Humor to strive to be a centenarian.

I enjoy reading comics about "Pickles" The grandson asked his Grandpa about LIFE and his Grandpa said to him: -

First, Life is like a melody; then life is like a bicycle and then a blanket and then an artichoke.

The Grandma believes that the Grandpa is like delicatessen: Full of baloney and smells like old cheese.

I would say that Life is what a person wants to make contributions in the mundane world as the person sees fit by virtue of his/her knowledge and wisdom.

I enjoy such humorous expressions in the light vein. The comics published in the Washington Post,May 22, 2009,page C8 made my day!

Francis Shieh aka Xie Shihao, an admirer of Mark Twain and a reader of comics in American English and in Chinese as well.

Friday,May 22, 2009 at 11.28 a.m.

No comments: