1. We are unable to change our surroundings but we can change ourselves.
2. We are unable to change the facts, but we can change our attitude.
3. We are unable to change the past, but we can change the present.
4. We are unable to control others but we can control ourselves.
5. We are unable to foresee the future, but we can make good use of today.
6. We may not have ideal enounter in life, but we move on with unflappable determination and strong willpower.
7. We are unable to extend our span of life, but we can be hale and hearty.
8. We are unable to control the weather, but we can adjust our moods.
9. We are unable to choose our looks, but we can always wear a smile.
10. We are able to be happy with the suggested equation: Happiness is not material consumption over desire only but we must add spiritual satisfaction, intellectual pursuit and good health to the numerator in fraction and the denominator may be desire. However, desire may be dampened if we wish to lead a simple life on earth. Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on Monday,August 20, 2007