Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wall Street Journal,June 10, 2008 page B5

Technology firms come to China's Aid: Google,Microsoft, IBM contribute jto earthquake relief effort: The three companies approaches reflect their differing philosophies to IT systems. They also reflect varying level of cooperation with authority from IBM's close work with Chinese officials to Google's choice to go it along.

Page C3: Maurice Hank Greenberg, former AIG's CEO would help AIG when needed. Greenberg heads Starr International Co currently. My uncle M.K. Loh was an auditor with AIG for five decades and received citation for his excellent service from Greenberg in Shanghai as published in his biography. My uncle passed away at the age of 99 in Shanghai and he informed me that my grandfather influenced him to have a career in insurance since my grandfather was the first Chinese to do insurance business with the British in the 19th century. That is my family history but I wish to send my blog for my family background with the West two centuries ago. My other uncle(the husband of my aunt) led a group of students to study in the USA after the Indemnity Stipulaton in Sino-American history. He was an architect and a compiler of an Engineery Dictionary decades ago. As a person with longevity,he left this world at the age 103 in Shanghai,China.

Washington Post,June 9, 2008 page A16: Growth requires Trade. Naotaka Matskata,former director of the US Trade Representative wrote: The United States is a prolific exporter of innovation, valuable services and agriculture. Such statement reinforces my previous blogs regarding the Law of Comparative Advantage especially to trade relations between the USA and China in the 21st century for mutual benefit. Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on Tuesday,June 10, 2008 at 1.25 p.m.

No comments: