Wednesday, June 18, 2008

USAToday,June 18, 2008 and WashPost,6/18/08

Page 1B: Headlines: Wholesale prices clamber upward. My comment: Such happening will be reflected in the Consumer Price Index in the months to come. FED faces slowing growth, rising potential for inflation.
"Stagflation" is what I put in my blogs in the past as a student of economics but I maybe mistaken for the wellbeing of all folks in USA. Time will tell in the days to come.

Page 5B Energy, inflation worries sink stocks. My comment: US stocks are down and stockholders are upset but such turns are subject to change for loss or for gain as the case maybe. Material things cannot make us happy!?

Washington Post, June 18, 2008: Secretary of Treasury Paulson said: "The US and China don't always agree on economic issues. Sometimes we may disagree quite strongly, but we keep talking." My comment: Any dialogue would be desirable for better understanding and mutual benefit in the days to come. I can be as deeply wise as a philosopher or as frivolous as a person with a child-like heart for gusto and zest plus moxie. June 18, 2008

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao who believes in communications preferably with the understanding of Pin Yin system from the original meaning in Chinese. June 18, 2008

No comments: