Sunday, June 15, 2008

"The Modern Rules of Personal Finance" By Susan Berson

The author is a former senior trial attorney with the US Department of Justice. Published by American Bar Association in 2008. Available in Borders Bookstore.

Money impacts every corner of our lives and dictates the way we live today and how we'll be able to live tomorrow. The book is dedicated to those who are prosperous in spirit i.e. "Jingshenwenming in Pin Yin. "Qingniyixiao!"

Most Americans either feel smothered by loans and credit card debt, or euphoric at being flush with cash from a paycheck, preparing to engage in mass consumerism and purchased the accouterments of wealth from their hourly compensation. Such idea maybe unwise in my way of thinking.

Common to everyone is the oft-quoted axiom "people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan." That is true to financial success. I plan everyday for my intellectual pursuit with money for essentials as needed.

How to manage what I can control: money. Effective money management is the tool that is going to help me find the means to achieve my dream. My companion would be my advisor in the short run and in the long run. My ideal companion would be an understanding person deserving a comfortable life but not seeking luxurious living that may be meaningless if we are pursuing our "jingshenwenming" as well in this world. Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on Sunday,June 15, 2008

No comments: