Saturday, July 19, 2008

Old people are happier,my foot:WashPost 7/18/08

Page A16: Dorothy Rich wrote:"Regarding the story - older Americans may be happier than younger ones. I am glad that researchers think that old folks are happier than younger people. After all, old people have their beloved passivity, have come to terms with life aned have few, if any, great expectations. Hogwash! I wold trade any day of my golden years for the excitement and disappointments of life in the teen and young adult years. Pretty soon, researchers may tell us that comatose people are actually happier. NOTE: My equation for Happiness: Material consumption over desire is not adequate but add intellectual pursuits,spiritual satisfaction and good health.Cf. my previous blogs for reference if interested.

My comment: It is a state of the mind. I would recommend the three words of faith,hope and love. Plus UCO as mantra: Upbeat,cheer and optimism. We must enjoy life to strive to be centenarians with mortality in this mundane world plus firm conviction that our souls are immortal. Per omnia secular seculum. Amen. Dominus vobiscum. Sursum Corda!

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao,an octogenarian with background in Confucianism as my lifestyle with philosophical outlook of epistemology, cosmology and ontology.

July 19, 2008 at 6.18 a.m. an early bird to get the fresh air for good health.

No comments: