Saturday, September 8, 2007

Fairplay and Justice to make a difference for family

I am inspired to figure out how I can get back to my hometown,Shanghai,China and Beijing (where I taught in 1993-1996) to have reunion with my sister, another octogenarian whose smile is charismatic from our heredity. She can make the stiffest person go lightheaded and lighthearted. Such irrepressible charm will generate longevity to strive to be a centenarian. I shall be discerning to meet honest and smart folks as my intent. The safest way to resist temptation is to enjoy beauty mentally istead of actually in my eyes. My soul needs the philosophy of Plato for expression to amuse myself. I would steer my dialogue in the direction that I would enjoy as Socrates. Such effort perks up my way of living. Faith, hope and charity would be the motto for all. Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on Saturday, September 8, 2007, the 60th anniversary date of my arrival in the United States in San Francisco, California in 1947. Well, six decades of studying,teaching and writing as my interests for coming to USA from China. In Pin Yin,"San shu zhu yi i.e. du shu,jiao shu and xie shu." In English: Three isms as a scholar aprops of my goal since I was a young man in 1940s. Thanks for reading my thinking on this very memorable day,indeed!"Zhide jinian de rizi" in Pin Yin system of romanization.

No comments: