Tuesday, September 25, 2007

An A in artlessness:Wm Howard III wrote in Washpost 9/25/07

In Sept. 21 Washington Sketch column on a presidential news conference, Dana Milbank quoted President Bush as saying of Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice: "She's the PhD and I'm the C student, and just look at who's the president and who's the adviser. Not only is this terribly insulting to a trusted adviser, but it makes one wonder if we would have gotten better governance if we had elected a better student to run our country." My comment: I did not vote for him in 2004. Also, I remember General McArthur was an A student at the West Point but IKE was an average student. Moreover,President Wilson was a C student at Princeton. Furthermore,when I was teaching in Los Angeles in 1958-1961,I remembered a case that the C student was in charge of personnel and an A student was not hired. That is life as the realistic paradox. I also heard from a Judge that A student would become a Professor, B student as a Judge and C student as a successful businessman to be a millionaire. Francis Shieh aka Xie Shihao. Sept. 25, 2007 at 6.52 p.m.

No comments: