Saturday, June 13, 2009

Best orchestral musicians visit College Park each June

Photo of a girl (19)of Asian ethnicity with her violin to be playing. Violist Rebecca Gu,a senior at the University of Maryland rehearses for an upcoming chamber orchestra performance as part of the National Orchestral Institute at the University of Maryland. Her Last Name" Gu " is in Pin Yin romanization of Chinese ancestry.The Wade-Giles system would be "Ku." For comparisons of different systems of romanization.

For detailed explanations,see "A Glimpse of the Chinese Language" available at www.rand.org free of charge for public service in pdf format. Read below of my Last Name for reference as well. The Library of Congress has adopted the official Pin Yin system but my works are still listed under the Last Name of SHIEH. Too much hassle to change but the sound is close enough.

For the 2009 NOI's program, go to www.Gazette.net/links.

Here is an evidence of Sino-American Economics of Human Capital, the Merge of the talents from the East and the West on earth.

Francis Shieh aka Xie Shihao(in Pin Yin) Hsieh Shihao(Wade -Giles) but Hsieh is difficult to pronounce so the University of San Francisco changed to Shieh in 1947 when I was admitted as a special graduate student from China. My father's Last Name is "Zia". the Wu dialect of the Shanghai mellifluous tone. I do not mind as long my last name sounds like the Chinese character to mean "Thank" with 17 strokes in traditional but 13 strokes in simplified form of the Chinese character. My Irish-American friends call me "Shay" "Shea" of even "O'Shea" I do not mind at all to share their Irish humor. Well,we are all homosapiens in the name of humanity.

Saturday,June 13, 2009 at 11 a.m.

No comments: