The following is done for your possible interest. There are those who don't know and those who don't know they don't know.!? Hehehahahoho all the way to live longer!
1. If the food is too spicy,put a bit of salt in your mouth,spit it out after a gargle.
2. If your teeth become yellow, chew peanuts in your mouth and brush your teeth for three minutes for instant efficacy.
3. If your skin is burnt,put some tooth paste on your skin to stop pain or bleeding.
4. If you find tea stain in your cup,use tooth paste to clean it well.
5. If you put eye drops in your eye with open mouth,you'll be OK without blinking.
6. If you have ulcer,i.e. sore in your mouth,put Vitamin C tablet on the spot to relieve pain while dissolving. For more serious ulcer,add Vitamin B2 to the sore spot.
7. If you have dust in your eye,close your eye and cough a few times and the dust will come out.
8. If you use a bit of salt to wash on both sides of your nostrils,you'll have tiny pores for good health.
9. If you have a mosquito bite,put on soap at once to relieve itching.
10.If there is infection of your throat or your gum,eat a small piece of watermelon with salt on it in the evening to overcome virus. You'll be OK the next day.
11.If you wish to get rid of the trademark,use a blower to blow it away.
12.If you travel to save space to avoid the wrinkled clothes in packing, fold every piece neatly.
13.If you belch or eruct,drink a bit of vinegar for immediate cure.
14.If you eat garlic or stinky beancurd(a Chinese favorite snack) with offensive odor,eat several peanuts,then OK.
15.If you want to stop cough,use seasame oil to fry eggs with no other seasoning,eat hot and go to bed. Continue such remedy for several days,the efficacy would be very evident.
16.If you wear a bracelet,you should wear a plastic bag first to facilite the putting on and taking off small bracelet without any hassle.
17.If you try to take off the skin of a chestnut,you take off the shell first and then put into a microwave for a while,tweak it to take off the skin easily.
18.If you make arrangement for flowers,put a drop of detergent in the water for your flower pot to make the flowers to last longer.
19.If you wish to crack a walnut,put hot water in the pot and steaming about ten minutes and then put into cold water to open without problem.
20.If you prepare to cook shrimps,put salt and baking soda into a bowl and use hand to tweak a while with clean water to soak,then wash it. You will have tender and crystal shrimps.
21.If you cook meat,soak the meat into soda water for 15 minutes and then add condiments to make meat very tender and tasty.
22. If you use the leftover tea to be soaked in water for a few days to spread to the roots of a plant,your plant will be growing faster.
23. If you wish to get rid of the offensive odor in the toilet,use the dry tea leaves and burn such to have some smokes resulting more functions to drive away mosquitos and flies as well.
24. If your rice is not fully cooked,use chopsticks to open some holes and put cooking wine to recook.
25.If the surface of the rice is not cooked yet,turn over to the middle from the top part and leave it in the rice cooker for a while.
26. If you wish to get rid of the grease from the screen windows,use water and cigarette butts to be dissolved together to wash screen doors with good results.
27.If you wish to see the brightness of your jewelry,put a chalk in your jewelry box.
28.If you wish to get rid of the trace of sticky glue on the table or the bottle,use Tiger Balm ointment.
29.If you have static electricity on your apron, use the positive side of the battery to stop such static.
30.If you encounter foot friction in your shoes,put some white wine into your shoes to get rid of such foot friction.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT!? You are the judge for your situations
The above is originated from common Chinese expressions and it is rendered into practical English of the Chinese style with your understanding. Translations are always inexact like the field of Economics. Read the original Chinese and read the English to find the common ground for the contents in a nutshell. A smile is OK but lots of laugh would prolong your life to gain longevity.
Thanks for your time to bear with an octogenarian with senior moments in doing such work.
Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shiihao on March 2, 2010 at 11.42 a.m.