Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Mighty Engine of Globalization for Sino-American Economics

Washington Post,March 28, 2010 page B7:

The Irish and Chinese immigrants who built America's first transcontinental line endured scaring heat, bone wracking cold, dust storms, avalanches, cave-ins, premature detonation of explosives and Indian attacks and other hardships in American history. I was a graduate student at USF and Georgetown from 1947-1950 but I am still a self-taught lifelong student ad infinitum.

I have met kind folks and unkind people as well but I uplifted my thoughts with positive scenarios and upbeat cheer. Blessed are the meek and unfortunate encounter happened to be a blessing in disguise. I believe in peace at heart with a spiritual mind. Laughter begets longevity and my nick name is "Chang sheng" i.e. long life.

My last name is SHIEH or Hsieh(Wade-Giles romanization) or Xie(official Pin Yin)or Shea of O'Shay from my good friends of Irish ancestry. Since the phonetic sound is close enough and I don't mind at all. However,my last name has 17 strokes in the traditional way of the Chinese character or 13 strokes in the simplified form. Either way is OK with me.

Since my last name means "Thank" and I thank you for reading my blogs on March 30, 2010 at 5 a.m.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao,thanks from a hero of poetry but I am not a poet but a student of economics.

No comments: