Wednesday, April 23, 2008

For recovery,we must learn to live within our means

WashPost,April 23, 2008 on page D3 published the above title

But the realities -"Enjoy now and pay later" with credit cards : the mantra with economic activities nowadays in USA and in China for young folks. I would endorse Chinese culture to live a simple life with spirituality and enjoy things vicariously if we cannot afford to do so. The mindset is significant for our living with impact to have inner happiness. The current state of American economy is the reduction of wealth and living standards in the days to come regardless of the terminology of slowdown or recession. I try to live the life of a student as I came to USA as a student in 1947. I am stuck with the books as guidelines for my way of life. For reiteration as I previously stated. To wit:

Du shu i.e. reading for learning.
Jiao shu i.e. teaching is learning twice.
Xie Shu i.e. books are written for educating others as my mission.

In Pin Yin,the above may be labeled as "San Shu" i.e. Three Books Principles as a lover for learning.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on Wed.,April 23, 2008 at 9.55 a.m.

No comments: