Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wall Street Journal,Sept.6-7,2008

Page A1,A8: Economists in their late 20s and 30s, (ralatively young) probe the data on TV watching and find it's not all bad: Better test scores? University of Chicago Graduate School of Business Economics Matthew Gentzkow published in the Quarterly Journal of Economics. The advent of TV might have had a positive effect on children's cognitive ability. My comment: Such research finding is known to folks with common sense. Economics is a study of common sense with changes and choices.
Page B1: If you bet on the election, don't use real money. My comment: Such bet may be 50-50 but the state of the economy tends to favor the candidate ..... in my way of thinking.
Cf. intelligentinvestor@wsj.com

Page B3: Shanghai,China shortens lockup on post-IPO stock sales. Read the paper for details if interested?
Page B4: Dollar viewed as safer than Euro and Pound by Hedge Funds. Hold the dollar in our pockets and get rid of Euro and Pound for safety.

For work or love, we are best suited to partners as fountain of youth. Paying attention to aesthetics will forward my ideals and ideas as well as my other interests. I claim to be a relaxed by-stander of the dynamics of learning and growing every day. I would use my best etiquette, resource with my natural ability. Share thoughts with those around me to be a happier person to remember Happiness is not material consumption over Desire only but to include intellectual pursuit and spiritual satisfaction with good health. Have a big heart and say prayers for peace with faith,hope and LOVE.
Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao, an octogenarian advocating closer Sino-American Economics for USA and China in the days to come. September 6, 2008 at 1.45 p.m.

No comments: