Friday, July 20, 2007

Reflectons of my interest in Economics in USA

1. John K. Galbraith,Professor emeritus of Harvard published "Almost Everyone's Guide to Economics" I met him several times at RAND and PGCC and had the opportunity to review his book published by Atlantic Economic Journal in December 1979 with another article on "Equation of Exchange(Quantity Theory of Money)" in March 1980.
2. Richard T. Gill,Director for 9 years and taught at Harvard for two decades. I sent him numerous comments in his textbooks published in 1975, 1978 and 1980. He cited my work on the role of community colleges for economic development in the footnotes.
3. George Bach,Professor at Stanford for decades. I contributed to his textbooks in 1978, 1980 and 1983.
4. Milton Spencer,Ph.D. Cornell University. My name was cited in his textbooks in 1983 and my book entitled "Keys for Economic Understanding" was quoted in his textbook, 1977 edition.
5. Paul Romer, Stanford University Professor of Economics. I shared the same approach in teaching economic growth apropos of training. My papers entitled "Community College Education as a Source of Economic Development" is elaborated to such idea,published by the Congressional Record,July 18, 1974. "Macroeconomics of Stabilization" was published by the White House Conference on Balanced Economic Growth in August 1978. Such rationale was stressed in the State of the Union in 2004, 2005 including the statement by President Bush in July 2007 via CSpan Radio Broadcast.
6.G. William Miller,former Treasury Secretary and Federal Reserve Chairman commended for my work of labor productivity in his letter dated October 23, 1978.
7. Arthur F. Burns, former Chair of FED and Professor at Columbia University shared with my thoughts on human capital. He commented that I am on the right track in emphasizing structural problems. Monetary and fiscal policies do not function in a vacuum. Such reasoning is crystal clear re US-China / Sino-US economics.
8. Henry Paulson,Jr.,Treasury Secretary envisions positive US-China relations and I do admire his insights for the best interests of USA and China in the 21st century.
Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao. July 20, 2007

No comments: