Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Washington Post,July 14,09 Page A12

To my readers online:

It is good to read such news again in the Washington Post today apropos of the role of community colleges for economic recovery as I sent my e-mail to the White House several weeks ago.

I heard on the radio that President Obama is in Michigan lecturing about the community college as I published my article entitled "The Future of Community Colleges" in The Congressional Record,July 18, 1974 in the 20th century with a vision about the needs in the 21st century.

"Keys for Economic Understanding",published in 1971 with the same rationale to be searched at www.Amazon.com online book catalog for reader's reference.

In China,the "gray-collar" (between White Collar and Blue Collar) workers are needed and such jobs are para-professionals,similar to the type of students in community colleges in the United States to be trained with practical skills to serve the society.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao is delighted to see such publicity in the media that I have been advocating for decades ever since I earned my California Teaching Credential in 196l.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 3.06 p.m.

No comments: