Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Closing speech by Deputy of State Dai:Phoenix TV from Hong Kong

The Deputy State Official stated that China's market economy is recognized by the United States and he hopes that reporters in the media would be accurate and positive for such a significant conference affecting peace and global economic issues in the 21st century.

I have expressed my thought about China's market economy from my on-the-spot observation in my past blogs and I am glad to see such endorsement by the U.S. leaders.

Money is not the be-all and end-all; rather it is a vehicle to getting what folks need for necessities in life. Such understanding would be part and parcel to affect consumer behavior in economics.

Glamour and luxury are not essential for happiness. Happiness is not material consumption over desire only as I sent my blogs in the past.

The goal of economic stability is the proper lifestyle for the folks in the USA and in China for the need of ethics and morality to understand the importance of the public interest over the private interest. President Obama cited Mencius and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quoted Confucius. I did my work on Confucianism with Mencius in particular as my thesis for my graduate degree at Georgetown University in 1950. I sent such work to the White House several weeks ago and am intellectually satisfied to witness such reception by American leaders.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao, an octogenarian student of economic philosophy on July 28, 2009 at 6.16 p.m.

No comments: