Tuesday, July 28, 2009

President Obama cited Mencius at the Dialogue

Phoenix TV, Hong Kong on Wednesday morning,July 29, 09 reports President Obama quoted Mencius in his speech to the audience apropos of US-China strategic Economic Dialogue.

I sent my work on Mencius to the White House several weeks ago and I am glad to see such citation to that effect.

Moreover,Secretary of State Hillary Clinton cited Confucius and I have stressed Confucianism as the role model of folks in China and in the US as well re ethics and morality.

Washington Post, July 278, 09 page A14 reports soldiers find that laughter truly is the best medicine. I have pointed out in my blogs that laughter begets longevity and such mindset would be positive for physical wellness.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao, an observer of US-China economic relations from 1947 to date with focus on comparative philosophy for the wellbeing of humanity.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 4.56 p.m.

No comments: