Thursday, December 10, 2009

John W. Kendrick, expert in productivity,distinguished economist

Dr. Kendrick left this mundane world as the former chief economist for the Commerce Department. RIP.

"Keys for Economic Understanding" (1971) is published to promote productivity.


Dr. Kendrick wrote that he understood life was about more than just output. I do concur.

"A Pure science of living, even if it were desirable, would not be feasible," he wrote,"Living well is an art." Economics is an inexact science and science is knowledge in the heart and in the mindset of folks holding their respective views.

Such art brightens my mind and makes my day,indeed! Chinese language is a form of art apropos of calligraphy. For details,see "A Glimpse of the Chinese Language" in English, available free at pdf from www.rand.org for information.

Francis Shieh aka Xie Shihao on December 10, 2009 at 4.30 p.m.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Thank you for posting this... I knew my grandfather first and foremost as "my granddaddy". It's been hard with him gone, but finding little tributes and knowing he touched the lives of others through his work, as well, makes me smile.