Saturday, February 20, 2010

This Week in Andrews AF Base History with comments

Feb. 17,1972: President Richard Nixon flew to Andrews by helicopter and departed for Kaneohe Marine Corps Station Oahu Hawaii, enroute to China.

President Nixon made the historic and highly publicized trip to the Far East to help formally normalize relations between the United States and the People's Republic of China. He returned to Andrews Feb. 28, 1972.

I visit Andrews Library to blog Sino-American economics for readers online.

I encouraged Dr. Hanshil Koh,professor of law,Tokyo University to translate "How American Laws Are Made" into Japanese and Korean languages with commendation from President Nixon.

I published my paper entitled "A Glimpse of the Chinese Language" in March 1965 and Henry Kissinger was a consultant at the RAND Corporation during that period. On page 8, I hinted that China be open to the world for the benefit of Sino-American Economics. Kissinger made a trip to China in 1971. I started my blogging www. "Sino-American Economics since 2000 to date to share my thoughts with readers as my passion as a graduate student from China to witness positive Sino-American economics for mutual benefit. I was a Fulbright Senior Scholar in Hong Kong,1989-1990 to represent American scholarship for promoting market economy aprops of globalization in the 21st century.

I was in Oahu, Hawaii on Sept. 3, 1947 on my way to the University of San Francisco from Shanghai,China and attended my son's wedding in the summer of 1990 in Oahu, Hawaii. I was an honorary citizen of Honolulu,Hawaii since 1969 and was commissioned as a Kentucky Colonel in 1970 doing eleemosynary work in the United States.

I taught Economics in Beijing in 1993-1996 using the textbooks by Richard T. Gill of Harvard that I contributed in 1973,1975 and 1980 in re the reforms to a market economy in China to join the international community.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao with recollection of my past history as an octogenarian on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6.16 a.m.

No comments: