Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Economics:"Jing ji xue" in Pin Yin system of romanization of Chinese

During my seven decades career as a lifelong student since early 1940s, I found out that the subject is far more than exciting! Beyond words to express such feelings! It is no exaggeration to state that it changed my life in my mindset.

My first course on the principles of economics at St. John's University, Shanghai,China opened my eyes and ears to a new way of thinking. Economics combines the virtues of political science and psychology with languages et al. Its subject matter is society -how folks choose to lead their lives i.e. lifestyle and how they interact with one another with tradition and custom plus AD. Economics faces challenges that all societies encounter with human behavior of all folks in the mundane world.

Economists have a unique way of viewing the world,much of which cannot be learned in a few years. I am still learning as an octogenarian as a lifelong student of economics.

My intent in "Keys for Economic Understanding" (www.ask.com for info) is to transmit my focus about skilled labor to make contributions to society,either in USA or in China. Such endeavor may illuminate much about the world in the name of globalization.

Francis Shieh aka Xie Shihao on February 2,2010 at 5.55 a.m.

No comments: