Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reflections during the Lunar New Year's Eve

The pervasive excitement in the American media about China is attributable to China's ongoing economic reforms gaining favorable receptions with good perceptions of globalization.Global economic recovery is relevant to China's economic progress.

As an octogenarian doyen, I earned my university degree(1946) in Shanghai,the waterfront as a fusion of Chinese and western architecture and as a gateway to the world especially the upcoming World Expo starting in May 2010.

I was fortunate to learn the Chinese language(evocative in arts and music) and studied social sciences in China and in the United States as a learner seeking incisive knowledge in humanities with a purview of illuminating comparative studies since 1947 at University of San Francisco and Georgetown University Graduate School. I have related my specialized findings to macro economics that I taught in USA and in China for 4 decades) examining Chinese society with one world scene as reprise.

Such cosmopolitan approach reinforces the evidence of my daily blogs with the title of Sino-American Economics for readers to stretch mind to witness China efforts in shaping up its role in the world for cross reference.

Francis Shieh aka Xie Shihao on Saturday,Feb.13,2010 at 3.26 p.m.

No comments: