Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Solar to install major plant in China/Education

Washington Post, September 9, 2009 page A13: First Solar said it reached a preliminary agreement to install a giant 2 gigawatt solar power plant in China's Inner Mongolia region, a project that would dwarf any existing solar installatin in the world. First Solar chief executive Michael Ahearn said the company would look for sites in China to set up a manufacturing plant.

Hong Kong Phoenix TV reports the common ground of USA and China to stress education:

President Obama and Prime Minister Wen both emphasized education in their announcement to schools since young folks would become leaders with education as an investment in human capital in economics. I have made my investment in studying and teaching from the 20th century to the 21st century from coast to coast in US and in different cities in China with interdisciplinary approach in gaining knowledge plus wisdom hopefully.

My first job is teaching in 1945 and I have been assigned to teach another course on Wu dialect for six weeks starting next Monday September 14, 2009. Teaching is learning twice and learning is healthy for the brain as a form of mental labor to keep me mentally alert. As an octogenarian, I feel blessed to have such an opportunity to teach at www.Dictyon.net with top student who is eager to learn and I am enthusiatic to teach for mutual benefit. Knowledge begets intellectual clout and such pursuit is fulfilling in every respect of human activity. As I make contribution to others, I honor other folk's desires and that puts me back in touch with my own desire of learning. Teaching what I know reminds me that I know something. Such is economic utility or satisfaction,indeed!

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on quadruple 9s today i.e. September 9th in the year 2009 at 9.40 a.m. filling my heart with GLEE!

No comments: