Wednesday, September 2, 2009

70th anniversay of World War II and other thoughts

I do remember Second World War when I was a high school student at Hautes Etudes near Beijing, China. We were forced to study Japanese language after Pearl Harbor attack in December 1941. I had to leave North China to be back to Shanghai at age 17 for my university education at St. John's University(1943-46) due to the fear of being forced to join the Japanese army during that period. Well,that is history and I do recollect"hui yi wang shi" the sufferings of the war."Zhan zheng de tong ku"

When I think back in decades,I feel like a young student with rejuvenation. In Pin Yin:"Fan lao huan tong" as my state of mind to keep learning to stay cool and stay informed.

Today is September 2nd,I wish the readers will be septuagenarians and then to Octogenarians and eventually to centenarians. Amen!

As an octogenarian retireee, I worked and saved a lifetime but encounters triple setback at present: asset losses, diminished home values and rising costs. I wonder if Congress would explore solutions to the economic hardship that seniors face nowadays!?

Re: Health care issues in the Headlines lately:

In Pin Yin: "Zhong shuo fen yun" i.e. Folks tell their own stories in USA. Plus "Ge shu ji jian" i.e. Each person holds his/her views.

I would recommend for seniors to remember the following in USA or in China as the positive mindset for spirituality i.e. mental health as human capital in Sino-American economics.

"I set my mind to be happy everyday,though the happenings may not be ideal; No matter whatever comes, I am determined to have happy mood with upbeat attitude."

In Pin Yin, "Mei tian wo yu kuai,ye xu bu li xiang; wo jue ding yao you kuai le de xin tai
."

Happiness is not material consumption over desire only, we must add intellectual pursuit,spiritual satisfaction with good health. That is my formula to be shared with all since such publication in Shanghai when I lectured there in 1980s.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 10.10 a.m

No comments: