1.Those who are givers ( not takers ) are more blessed with cheery demeanor.
2. Life is a flashlight but we need to turn the switch on as our social skills.
3. For the lifespan as centenarians, folks spend several years laughing,several decades sleeping and hanging out with family and friends. How many years for meditation and contemplation?
4. We are as young as we feel. To be a lifelong student is the way to be young to think and to learn from others. Confucius said: "San ren xing bi you wo shi ." Xiefucius reiterated such with modification that all folks are my teachers. Modesty is to be humble in my heart.
5. It may be bad manners to dip one's bread in the gravy, but it is in good taste and would be tasty if Chinese food is served.(sic)
6. English is a funny language; a fat chance and a slim chance are the same thing. Eggplant has neither egg nor plant but a veggie in my view.
7. "Pretty ugly" may be an oxymoron but it may seem to make sense if it is said so.
8. "Exact estimate" may be OK but may be an oxymoron. It depends on data to be applied in the field of economics as assumptions. Such is the trade secret of economics. You better believe it.
9. Self-control and self-discipline are required in many acts especially in driving, eatijng or any other acts with restraint or constraint.
10. Long-range planning for economic security is warranted in the 21st century if recession is present in the mundane world. Mental depression is to be avoided if 3S-2D=RCA,the formula that I sent in the past for your mental health as a field of human capital to be applied to folks in USA and in China for Sino-American Economics.
Francis Shieh a.k.a. xie shihao has the above thoughts for fun to share with readers online as freedom of expression. You may concur or demur in reading such at the spur of senior moments as an octogenarian since 2006. Salutations to YOU for your valuable time. Enjoy life with a smile.
Monday, August 10, 2009