Saturday, August 22, 2009

Food is a part of culture: The meeting ground of USA and China

Every Sunday, I go to McDonald's for my favorite breakfast and meet Spanish speaking attendants to refresh my limited Spanish with amigos.

It is the fast-food establishment for hambergers but I prefer Berger King for Steakhouseberger with better taste every other days. Big Fish Sandwich is very delectable too. Needless to say,I have my Chinese food for supper for a change of taste. Food is food. My mother told me that the best tasty food is "Ji' sounds like chicken. But it is the word "hungry" since both chicken and hungry have the same phonetic sounds in Pin Yin system of romanization but the Chinese characters are different. There is the beauty of the Chinese language in calligraphy as art.
Pin Yin system is the initial way to learn the Chinese language. Needless to say, the Chinese characters must be learned for understanding the genuine Chinese language. Memory work is necessary to remember Chinese characters but it is a brainstorming act for students.

Recently, McDonald's started new Angus Beef and Asian Salad to please the taste buds of customers with varied cultural background.

When I was in Beijing, I visited several McDonald's and I also went to Berger King in Shanghai. Well, American influence is being felt to the folks in China and Chinese food is known in USA as well for cultural exchange aprops of Sino-American Economics.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao with Chinese and American educational background to enjoy American food in China and Chinese food in the United States. The world is getting smaller at the Internet age for communication with global reach.

WWW.Dictyon.net is the gateway for global languages.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 8.26 p.m.

No comments: