Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Enjoying my visit in Lafayette, Indiana

Greetings to all, Our flight from BWI to Cincinnati was delayed from 6.10 a.m. to 8.10 a.m. and the flight from Cincinnati(Northern Kentucky to be exact) to Indianapolis was delayed from 11.10 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. Long wait with patience as a virtue!(sic) Our arrival time was about 6 p.m. after renting a car from the airport to Lafayette meeting folks at Nanking Restaurant with an authentic Chinese banquest hosted by Prof. and Mrs. Benming Lin with our gratitude for their kind thoughtfulness. Good and kind folks are few nowadays and I feel honored to be treated as a family guest. Their lovely daughters from Santa Clara,California with two young boys and their youngest daughter from Chicago with her young daugher and younger son also attended the party for fun. Such an occasion was certainly a memorable one. The University Plaza Hotel has a computer room and I am looking forward for a continental breakfast at 6.30 a.m. The hotel provides four pillows and a small "sweet dreams" pillow with eight towels for guests to take bath or shower. I noticed the shampoo products are made in China and the towels are made in Pakistan. Well,CEOs take advantage of less expensive labor to cause trade deficits in all products made in developing nations. Moreover,American lifestyles with the credit system cause personal and family debts to be reflected in the national debts as I see it with my learning of etiology trying to understand Sino-American economics as an avid student from China since 1947.

We shall be at lunch at Apple Bee which is a chain restaurant that I am familiar with in Maryland and will visit the sacred ground of the departed family members this afternoon with faith,hope and love. Needless to say, I do pray for the repose of their souls everyday.

As an octogenarian, I am proud to see the material comforts of USA but I still think about caring folks with the Confucian culture that I was raised as a native of Shanghai. I have discovered the different lifestyles with changes and choices as the nitty-gritty of Economics as I have observed.

Thanks for reading my trip to visit family folks in a nutshell.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao looking forward to be back to Maryland with the good opportunity to utilize my background as a mature and seasoned teacher in USA regardless of my age.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 6.10 a.m.

No comments: