Friday, January 18, 2008

CCTV-4 News:UK Prime Minister Brown visiting China

It is so gratifying to learn good relations between China and UK and vice versa. China has joined the international community with openness for economic development and to make contributions via trade for globalization. Such relations bring back my family history of my grandfather's business with British insurance firm as the first Chinese to be involved in Shanghai in the 19th century. As the result of such dealing,my father had the opportunity to study and to teach at Anglo-Chinese College in Shanghai for many decades. Moreover,my uncle joined AIG as an auditor for four decades with the insurance business of my grandfather. My uncle told me the history of my family when I visited him in Shanghai. He missed to be a centenarian and left this world at the age of 99. In other words,my family made history with the British and I am now witnessing the revival of good business with UK with fond memory. It is also good to learn that Olympic games will be held in Beijing,China in 2008 and in London in 2012. I am flying to Shanghai via NWA on January 21, 2008 and shall be a guest in Jiangsu to see farm living for the Spring Festival as I did in October with intellectual satisfaction.Cf. www.baidu.com for my activities in a school. I was told that Shanghai parents would prefer to send their offspring to study in Jiangsu for better schooling with strict discipline. Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on January 18,2008 at 8.32 p.m.

No comments: