Friday, January 1, 2010

Washington Post, January 1, 2010

Page A16:

As 2010 begins, can we keep faith in our great American ideals?

"The pattern set by post World War II America was a new and different one. It included worldwide engagement, aid to devastatted nations, free trade, open societies and tolerance, democracy tempered by constitutional protections for all, and freedom to travel." Chinese folks travel to many nations nowadays including the USA to spend money to make contributions to Sino-American Economics.That is the real happenings that I witness as an independent bystander.

Page A12:

Disney completes Marvel acquisition of 4.24 billion for entertainment, bringing Spider-Man, Iron Man and 5,000 other characters under the same roof as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. Such can be enjoyed by folks in Shanghai denizens soon for another Sino-American economics in action.

Page D3:

Georgetown Opens Big East Campaign by beating St. John's: I have my fondest recollections of earning my degree at St.John's University in Shanghai(1946) and received my graduate degree from Georgetown University Graduate School in 1950 with a scholarship. Such basketball game in the Sports section brings back my memories from the 20th century with spiritual joy as the bell rings apropos of epistemology.

Page C6: The Light Side of Life:-

I enjoy reading Comics from Pickles: The lady said: "I can do hard things if I put my mind to it." Her husband replied:"I can hardly do things" Both are aging couples with humor in their conversation. We are what we feel. When we feel young,we are young in our hearts and minds. It is the mindset to beget youth with child-like active spirits.

Francis Shieh aka Xie Shihao, an octogenarian watcher of Sino-American economics everyday to share with readers online for cheers.

January 1, 2010 at 9.08 a.m.

No comments: