Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wall Street Journal,USAToday,January 20, 2010

WSJ,Jan.20,2010: Page B1,B4:

China's Homegrown Movies Flourish: "Avatar" to be replaced by Confucius for educational purposes with my full endorsement as a teacher since 1945 in China and in the USA forsix decades plus.

As an educator with graduate studies in the USA, I respect Confucius/Mencius since I had my high school and university education in Shanghai under American-sponsored institutions plus my advanced work at Georgetown University Graduate School from 1948-1950. I wrote my thesis on Confucianism with comparison with Greek philosophers for my graduate degree. Moreover,I had my friends and relatives under the influence of Confucianism as tradition from Asian countries. Confucianism is relevant to economics in many fields including human behavior.

Furthermore,I lectured in Hong Kong, Macao and visited Japan,Korea and Singapore to research such influence in Asia apropos of ethics and morality for professional development. Such educational endeavors have reinforced the understanding of traditional Asian culture from the East to be known in the West as the common ground for humanity as a whole.

At present,folks in China like seeing local films, and local studios are stronger than before as reported by the media. Ethnicity works here with custom and tradition.

China is expected to surpass South Korea to become Asia's second-largest film market and could overtake Japan in five years at current growth rates as stated in WSJ.

Page B11: Omega-3 Fatty Acids are linked to longevity, said a US cardiologist published by the Journal of American Medical Association.

Laughter begets longevity as published in my previous blogs. Consequently,when a person eats plenty of fish and laughs a lot,he/she could live to be centenarians on the double in the light vein.(sic)

Page 9A: Japanese Prime Minister Hatoyama's photo with Chinese characters i.e. Kanji was published to demonstrate the cultural affinity of languages for communication.

The US, South Korea, Japan, China and Russia are working to push North Korea to return to stalled nuclear disarmament talks. Such is the issue of paramount importance for peace in the Pacific and the world at large.

Francis Shieh aka Xie Shihao on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 2.12 p.m.

No comments: