1. As of 2009, there are a whopping 6.7 billion humans on this planet as estimated. China is the most populous nation in the world.
2. The favorite drink for a tree is "root beer."
3. A song sung in a car is a cartoon.
4. Tax is an obligation but a penalty is an extra tax to be imposed for honest mistakes.
5. When someone crosses a cat with a tree, it would be a cat-a-logue!
6. Before the online age, an APPLICATION was for employment only.
7. Older folks are less likely to drink and drive and more likely to buckle up for safety especially centenarians.
8. A restaurant in New York will charge 3% fine if food is left on the plate.
9. The reason of the manager: Billions of dollars worth of food goes to waste so the above-mentioned rule is justified.(sic)
10. If a customer asks for a doggy bag,he/she will be fined in a restaurant. Reason: The manager believes that food is served for humanbeing only.
The above may be interesting for unusual situations but it is shared with readers online for Sino-American Economics of Thrift during the hard economic times nowadays.
Francis Shieh aka Xie Shihao, an octogenarian graduate student with such frugal habits since the college days in early 1940s.
Monday, January 11, 2010 at 2.08 p.m.