Saturday, March 28, 2009

USAToday,March 27-29, 2009

Page 1A:

Social network is a staple for a growing number of adults including the screen icon at age 92.

Page 6A:- Bigger is not always better, Ralph Craig wrote to the Editor. I do remember the book entitled "Small is Beautiful" by Schumaker in the 1970s.

"We need fewer people and life can be more calm, less stressful and friendlier." Craig said. That is the reason why China has birth control with so much folks already. China is the most populous nation in the world.

As I came to USA in 1947, I noticed the difference when I compare things today with the conditions several decades ago. The same situations I noted when I visited China in 1980s,1990s and in the 21st century.

Page 1B: We're all at risk: The current financial crisis is all-inclusive, our path to prosperity or even simple financial stability seemingly obliterated.

The personal stories illustrate how unemployment, health problems, shrinking retirement savings, unaffordable mortgages and other financial stressors lead to unprecedented challenges. Such negative scenario would not be accepted in my mind.

As an octogenarian,my recommendation to the younger readers would still be: Faith,hope and charity for better days to come.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao who would share my blogs with the readers as my intellectual gifts to YOU. Saturday,March 28, 2009 at 14.32 p.m.

No comments: