Sunday, March 8, 2009

Is Capitalism Moral? American Interest,Mar.April 09

"The American Interest" Magazine,March - April 2009 issue published such query for readers."Is Capitalism Moral?" Is such economic system viable? Read the headlines!

Jagdish Bhagwati, Professor of Economics at Columbia University: India and China had been snoring for decades and these giants finally woke up because they shifted from crippling anti-market fundamentalism to a pragmatic center.

Here I wish to reiterate Confucianism as a pragmatic economic system in China as per the media world-wide.

As an octogenarian, I chat about the trajectory of our lives, deepening the smile line or laughter to strive for longevity as per my blogs. Those who are aspired to be rich or famous will probably become so for a transient spell in the mundane world. I am seeking for a comfortable living with stability plus intellectual competence and a web of friendship for a flight toward cyber-reality for interaction of communication online.

It is said that at age 50, everyone has the face he/she deserves or at our face value as I am aware of my ethnicity.

I am 83+ but my buoyancy is like a "xiao-huo-zi" in Pin Yin. I would never be subdued and remain a forceful guy. Call it Big Bang or the Green Thrust for econ-friendly buzzword. LIFE IS THRUST. Should I say "Push and Pull" in action.

There is a silver lining: How the economic crisis can make us healthier, wealthier and wiser? Study Confucius and Mencius to be synthesized with Adam Smith and Ben Franklin in terms of Sino-American Economics.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on Sunday,March 8, 2009 at 2.16 p.m.

No comments: