Sunday, October 26, 2008

A World in crisis means a chance for greatness

Robert Zoellick, President of the World Bank published the exciting title in the Washington Post,Oct.26,2008 on page B4 and I fully endorse such analysis. In my reasoning,any negative thought would be unhealthy and damaging to health,a field in the human capital of economics.

Aspirng US politicians dream of being FDR and the next president will have the chance to be a 21st century FDR. I have reason to believe that Obama is the one.

"The rise of China and India provides the world with multiple poles of growth that can halp a global recovery. American leaders can listen and learn from other world leaders. The new multilateralism will need to connect , for example,growth, development and trade et al." Cf. the prior blogs for growth,development and trade.

On page B8: "Along with Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley, we were students at Gonzaga College High School in Washington in the 1980s; O'Malley was in the class of 1981. Fr. Horace McKenna in a soup line in 1980(photo) He provided warm clothing and hot meals to the homeless(due to some kind of addiction) for good life-long work of mercy with AMDG and IHS" Written by Joseph Hennessey of Bethesda and David J. Collins,S.J. of Washington.

Such publication reminds me of my background as a student at Gonzaga College High School in Shanghai,China from 1942-1943 before my admission to St. John's University from 1943-1946 for my B.A. degree.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao, a graduate student from Shanghai, China to USF and Georgetown University for my graduate degree in 1950. Such past history comes to my mind vividly in my reading the story of Maryland Governor as a product of Jesuit education. This may serve as my blog for Sino-American Economics of Education in China and in USA from my personal academic experience.

Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 10.30 a.m

No comments: