Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thoughts on a just society in this mundane world

I agonize because in this land of milk and honey, one of every five kids grows up beneath the poverty line.
I agonize because in this land of the free, minorities are shackled as second class citizens with discrimination.
I agonize because thousands upon thousands of women are battered by the men who vowed to respect them, untold kids are abused by the barbarians who brought them into being and we mouth mealy platitudes about a "Laotianye" who cares for everyone.
As I am outspoken about I consider the moral failures of a modern society, from poverty and hunger to capital punishment, environmental degradation, treatment of the elderly and the war in Iraq.
Washington Post,Feb.21, 2008 on page A3: China and Vatican conflict is easing: The distance between the two sides is getting shorter and shorter as Olympic games will take place in August 2008 to welcome Christians who endorse faith and moral regardless of nationality or citizenship in this mundane world. Moreover,Christians are Christians regardless of the so-called underground or open in the ecumenical unity as the Holy See has spoken to the world already. Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on Thursday,Feb.21, 2008

1 comment:

DIG said...

Dear Prof Shieh,

Nice to read your blog. Another fact I can supplement is that 30% of the USA population are considered clinically obese.

If you believe in the Lord and really understand the Holy Bible, Word of the Lord, you will be appeased. The sinfulness of people are blamed for today's world.

i knew you because we took the same flight to Shanghai, China this January. You sat right behind me so I heard you conversation with a Chinese young man. And I knew your name from your handbag.

And surprisingly, I saw again in the flight back to Detroit, USA February 18th.

Best regards,

Liyu