Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Creed of Americans as the spirit of America

I am an American citizen.(since 1954)
I am an ethnic Chinese by face value.
I am under the jurisdiction of American law with Chinese culture.

I have common interests of USA and China.
Sino-American Economics would be the basis for understanding.
I am a lifelong learner to bridge the gaps.

My mission is to witness positive relations of USA and China.
Such goal is the interests of all Americans in the 21st century.
America and China must work together for peace and development.

Thanksgiving is an American tradition.
Spring Festival for Lunar New Year observance is Chinese culture.
I honor both as an American of Chinese ancestry.

I am an American citizen.
I do defend justice and fairplay.
No discrimination for minorities as my dream.

I will never forget my motherland.
All Americans have our roots.
To honor our roots without fail.

Americans are Americans.
First Americans were Asians.
As Asian Americans,we are first Americans from American history.

The above 21 lines are my gut feelings but would be subject to readers to modify with my appreciation as fellow Americans. Non-American views are welcome as well as fellow human beings on earth in this mundane world.

Francis Shieh aka Xie Shihao on Tuesday,Nov. 6, 2007 at 6.35 a.m.

No comments: