Friday, February 27, 2009

Socio-Economics: Obama's Plan:USAToday 2/27/09

The 2010 Budget provides biggest boost in social spending in generations. I have sent my prior blogs with the expression of Socio-Economics in the real world. In other words,economics is meant to serve the society,the American society or the Chinese society as well.

Page B4 Wall Street Journal,2/27/09: China wins oil asset with Vergex,a Canadian firm. China plans wave of local bond sales-400 million.

Wall Street Journal,Feb.27,09 Budget winners include middle class American families and lower income retirees. I do support such because the middle class folks are the backbone of any nation.

40.9% changes in increase to $51.7 billion for 2010 in the Departmenet of State to expand foreign service officers. I taught foreign service officers at FSI in 1998-1999 but resigned to go to Suzhou University since my paternal grandfather had moved to Shanghai from Suzhou. He was the first Chinese to do insurance business with the British and my uncle was an auditor with AIG for many decades. He passed away in Shanghai when he was 99 years old. My materal grandfather was the high-ranking Manchurian official during the Qing Dynasty in Hangzhou. My mother had to escape to Shanghai during the KMT revolution in 1911.

48.4 increase to $13.8 billion for the Department of Commerce. Gary Locke has been nominated by the President. I was responsible for a project in 1965-1966 with National Science Foundation for American scientists to contact scientists in China. Such Directory was published by the Hoover Institution in 1971. Such work is the pioneer for Sino-American Economics apropos of scientific exchanges.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on February 27, 2009 at 3 p.m.

No comments: