Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shanghai leads way in online shopping

Shanghai Daily,February 17,2009 on page B6:

The value is in excess of 100 billion yuan(US$14.6 billion) according to a report by iResearch Inc.

I have noticed consumers with buying spree in Shanghai since I arrived here on January 25,2009. Such situation is different from what I found in the USA with recession. However,I have also noted contraction in China as the result of global financial crisis.

On page B8: Bankrupt US car makers could crush recovery: Harley Shaiken,a University of California Berkeley labor economist does not think the Obama adminisration would risk bankruptcies given its efforts to create jobs. "We are clearly on the edge of that abyss right now. Going over it would do irreparable damage." I agree with him in toto as a former economist at the US Department of Labor.

Francis Shieh a.k.a. Xie Shihao on Wednesday,February 18, 2009 at 8.48 a.m. in Shanghai.

No comments: